Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mermaids, Sirens, and Seafolk. Day 2 ~ Lies Beneath

Title: Lies Beneath
Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
Publication Date: June 12, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
303 Pages
Review Copy from: Publisher via NetGalley
Author's website: http://annegreenwoodbrown.com/


Four mermaid siblings intent on revenge.
Three with murderous appetites.
One with a conscience.

I hadn't killed anyone all winter, and I have to say I felt pretty good about that.

Calder White is the sole male in his family. He is being called home from the Bahamas to the Great Lakes to help his sisters take revenge on the Hancock family who betrayed their mother. Specifically, Jason Hancock, who will pay his father's debt with his life.

Calder is supposed to lure Lily Hancock in and use her to get to Jason. The plan is going well, all according to his sister Maris' designs. Until Calder does something foolish. He begins to fall for Lily. Will he be able to control his murderous appetite and let her live? Or will he give in to what his sisters have been pushing him to do?


All in all, I enjoyed this book. It was not quite what I was expecting, but in a good way. I really liked having a male's point of view-especially a sole POV in a mermaid book. I was a little surprised by the ending-don't worry, no spoilers here :D But suffice it to say, I didn't see it coming!

If you have a chance to get your hands on this male-centered mermaid book, do so! It won't disappoint. The second book, Deep Betrayal is scheduled for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment