Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Out of Sight, Out of Time ~ Ally Carter

Book the 5th
Title: Out of Sight, Out of Time
Author: Ally Carter
Pub Date: March 2012
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Pages: 294
Author Website: http://allycarter.com



 "Life is classified. There is always so much that goes unsaid."


 
Oh Ally Carter, how I love you. You came into my life with I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You. I was hooked. I was entranced, I was in love. Cammie, and all of the Gallagher Girls became my heroes. They were the coolest girls ever.

I loved you even more with Heist Society. And now that Out of Sight, Out of Time is here, and has been read, I love you more! Anything you write, I'll be there!

I cannot get enough of Cammie, Bex, Liz, Macey, and yes, even Zach. With such a huge cliffhanger in Only the Good Spy Young, I was on pins and needles for this installment. And wow, it did not disappoint in the thrill ride.

We begin with Cammie waking up in the Alps. With a six month memory loss. What the heck?

 “Zach," I said as I lay there. "Where did you go? When you were looking for me?"
I shifted in his arms, looked into his eyes.
"Crazy." His voice was a whisper against my skin. "I went crazy.”
 So once she finally makes it back with the Gallagher Academy her time is spent trying to get her memory back, fit the pieces of the missing time puzzle together, not die, keep everyone else alive, and come to grips with devastating news.

I want to tell you more, but I really don't want to give away any spoilers. But I will say we end up in Rome. Where more puzzle pieces are revealed, and where Cammie comes a little bit more unglued by her frustration.

"The seventh graders ran by, one semester older. Just like us. And it hit me: they hadn't gotten smaller. I'd just gotten bigger. Stronger."

I loved this line. How many times in high school did you think this, watching freshmen walk by.

And lastly, what line in the book gave me goosebumpy chills?

“Now I know that, from this point on, we'll be the ones doing the chasing.
And I like it.”

Oooo is Bad-Ass Cammie about to make a debut? And now it is time to pop in Alias!




No comments:

Post a Comment