Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Anna Dressed in Blood ~ Kendare Blake

I actually read this book last year when it debuted. And LOVED it! Recently, I listened to the audio, and I found that even though I knew what was going to happen, I was still surprised, I still got lost in the story, etc. And I still LOVE the story!

So for grins and giggles, I thought I would share my GoodReads review, and status updates for the book from October 2011.

 10/28/2011 "Just in time for Halloween..."
 10/29/2011  "Okay, totally loving this one so far! The first Anna encounter and my jaw drops. YES!"

 So I finished this one around 12:30 am Halloween Day (yay for perfect timing) and towards the end, as it was all dark and dim in my room, I got a little creeped out. The red ink used in the book felt as if the book was dressed in blood.




The story was fabulous and haunting. The gruesome bits were gruesome and shocking! Very enjoyable. 


Anna'a audio was provided by Sync. So yay them! While I downloaded a couple others in previous weeks, Anna is the first audio that I have finished.

The narrator, August Ross, did a great job giving voice to Cas and Anna. (I was not too fond of some of the jock type voices, but meh.) I am still amazed that even though I knew what was coming, I was still icked out by some of the scenes. For example, the first encounter with Anna...it was gruesome. And knowing it was coming, and HEARING it was a little different. But very cool.

Have you listened to Anna Dressed in Blood? Read it?
And are you excited for Girl of Nightmares? Let's look at the gorgeous cover...

Is this Anna, beckoning to Cas to save her? GAH! I cannot wait till it comes out next month! And I know I have mentioned the cover artist in the past, but I just have to send you to his website again. He is amazing!  
Nekro www.nekro.es















No comments:

Post a Comment