Thursday, August 9, 2012

Demons at Deadnight ~ A & E Kirk

Title: Demons at Deadnight
Author: A & E Kirk
Pub Date: January 7, 2012
Author websites: www.aekirk.com and www.teensreadandwrite.com
Copy provided by Debut Author Challenge Tour
 
I actually read this book back in February of this year. And I've been thinking about re-reading it. So I thought it would be a good idea to post my GR Review here for you.Demons at Deadnight turned out to be one of my favorite books. So much love for it!

"We could have teams! Team X and Team Y. With T-shirts and buttons and--"
"My team would be way bigger than yours"
"Dare to dream, little man, dare to dream." .....
"Dude, you hit my girl. I have to challenge you to a duel. My team demands satisfaction."

[Book reading update from February] The time is now 3:09 AM. Yes, AM. I should have been in bed hours ago, but I'm not. You want to know why? Three words for you: Demons at Deadnight

Review time:

I started this book and was instantly hooked. What in the world was going on?! By the time Aurora met up with two of the Hex Boys I was hooked. The writing was amazing. Each and every single character had their own voice, their own style, they were individuals. It was nice that the authors did this for the characters. Numerous times I was literally laughing out loud (Bubbles + one of the boys).

Aurora's siblings rocked-and their names did too. Luna, Lucian, Selena, Oron. Come on...how cool is that? And speaking of names-this is one thing I appreciate about the book-the names of the characters were not an attempt to be cool, or trying to hard. They fit-it worked-it rocked.

I am definitely ready for the next and do not want to wait for it to be published! I need a Hex Boy fix! Well, that and I want to find out a bit more about one of the boys in particular...

LOVE IT! 

[New to the review]
The authors are a mother/daughter pair which I think helped to make the book. And obviously months later I am still thinking about this book, so win! 


From GoodReads: For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle.

DEMONIC DESTINY
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it’s just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti.

CHARISMATIC KILLERS
The Hex Boys—mysterious, hunky, and notorious for their trails of destruction—have the answers Aurora needs to survive. But their overload of deadly secrets and suspicious motives makes trusting them a potentially fatal move.

LETHAL ALLIES
The battle to save her family, herself, and stop demonic domination may cost Aurora everything worth living for, and force her to reveal her own dark secrets. But no worries. She needs the Hex Boys to pull this off, and, chances are, teaming up with these guys will get her killed anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment