Monday, August 12, 2013

Perception ~ Kim Harrington

It was a Kim Harrington weekend! First up is Perception, the sequel to Clarity. When I read Clarity in 2012, I thought the series would only get stronger. I was absolutely right!

Title: Perception
Author: Kim Harrington
Pub Date: March 2012
Publisher: Scholastic Point
275 pages
From GoodReads: When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?
Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.
Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.
But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?
One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.



Again, I was sucked back in to the world of Clare Fern. Clare whose entire family is psychic: Clare touches objects and can read their history, her brother is a medium, and her mother is a mind reader. Her family is recovering from a summer of turmoil after a girl was killed and her brother was the prime suspect. And now that school is back in session, another girl has gone missing. And this time, Clare is receiving messages from a secret admirer. 

So of course, Clare begins playing detective to figure out A) the circumstances around the girl's disappearance and B) the secret admirer's identity. Is it her ex-boyfriend, the new guy she likes, or someone new?

To be honest, I played girl detective right along with Clare-I had my own list of suspects, motive, etc. Color me surprised to find out that I was wrong! Woot! I LOVE when that happens!


I love Kim Harrington's writing, it is captivating and alluring. I cannot stop reading her books! 

No comments:

Post a Comment