Monday, April 16, 2012

Evil Pixies!

It will soon come as no surprise to you fair readers that I love reading about the fae. Especially the true fae. That is the non-Disney-ish type of faeries. And I extend that out to pixies as well. For example, Holly Black writes a fabulous series of books (Tithe, Valiant, Ironside) where the faeries are evil and mean. I love this. It is the same as Grimm's Fairy Tales. They have been sweetened as years went by. Originally though, they were dark and often had unhappy endings.



The Need Series by Carrie Jones is one of my favorite series. Partially because it has a great mixture of those evil pixies, mythology, shifters, real character voices, and so much more. I adored it from the first, all the way to the end.

Endure picks up where Entice ends. But now things in Bedford are getting a little more dangerous, a little more serious. The pixie threat has gone viral and the town is preparing for a battle. How many lives will be lost? How many saved?

Meanwhile, Zara is still torn between her king, Astley, and Nick. But how you show someone you are still the same person you once were, even though now you can turn blue with sharp teeth?

All this and more will come to a final conclusion in the breath-taking end to the Need series. We've traveled to Valhalla, and now, we enter Hel. Now we follow along with Zara, Astley, Nick, Issie, Devyn, Cassidy, and so many more as they take on Ragnarok.
 

Hold on to your pages readers, Entice is one heck of an awesome ride! And seriously-fan girl moment: HEL!!!!! This is only the second time I've read a representation of Hel! The first was the Everworld series. Jones has done an amazing job incorporating Norse mythology into her series. While I'm glad she is not dragging out the series like some authors do, I am also sad that this is the last of the pixies. 

If you're interested in my reviews for the previous books, hit up my GoodReads account.









No comments:

Post a Comment